Monday, September 7, 2009

My Tour of China

My Trip to China


So it's been a while since I've been home from China, and it's been a while since I've updated my blogg...soooooo...here are some pictures from China! Enjoy!
All of the cities welcomed us graciously into their hotels. This is one of our hotels and this welcome sign was posted out in front.

Or first venue was in an amusement park. It was funny to see all the similarities between what is seen in the US, and what we saw there. What comes to your mind when you first see this picture?
The Great Wall of China was definetaly one of the highlights of the tour. If you look at this picture I'm sitting on the wall, and on the distant mountian in the background you can see the wall on that side as well.
This cute little man was at the bottom of the wall painting pictures of the wall during diffrent seasons. You can see he's working on winter in this picture.
This sign made me a little homesick, although it was nice to know where the potatoes were coming from!!!
We were assigned secret friends on tour and I pulled out Shan'tel's name, she playes the banjo in the band. I didn't have any money to spare to buy a gift, so I decided to fashion my own. The banjo above is made of a bottle cap, a clothes pin, clogging shoe nails, along with athletic and gaffing tape.
The Forbidden City
We performed a few numbers at the Beijing Dance Academy, and the students there performed for us as well. This is me with some of the boys.
A lot of our free time was spent exploring. One day we were walking by a park when we heard music and a framiliar voice. We ran to the park to find a little Chinese band playing Christmas tunes in the park and one of our very own singing a long. Needless to say, we joined in on the fun!
The last city we visited was Hong Kong. There they have "The Avenue of the Stars" where there are a number of handprints of famouse Chinese actors. Here I'm putting my hands where Jackie Chan had done once before.
There just wasn't enough time in Hong Kong to do everything. I gave up a trip to the beach to go see the Temple there, and it was most definetaly worth it!

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my pictues from China!!!
















3 comments:

  1. What an eventful trip! Loved seeing all your adventures. We laughed and laughed when we saw that tiny banjo. You are Ms. MacGyver, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tesha has a BLOG and NO ONE INFORMED ME?!?!?! Awesome China pictures... they made me a little homesick! I loved the great wall. I even slept on it. Found out it was illegal after I did it but it was still awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete