Monday, September 21, 2009

Before the Summer Ends

Tomorrow is the last day of summer and I'm sad to see it go. This summer has been AMAZING, beginning with China, staying at home, and ending back at BYU. Here are a few pictures to recap what exactly I've been up to for the past few months.

First of all China. I learned a lot in my first International Experience. The most important thing I learned was how blessed I am to live in America and to have everything that I own. From family, to the Gospel, and to freedom.

After China I had the chance to come to BYU and be a councelor for folkdance and clog camp. These are pictures of the groups I worked with. There were 22 girls in my clogging group and it was pretty overwhelming. The ironic thing of it is, almost half of them made up my group last year. I just couldn't get away from them.

I got a new niece this summer!!! Her name is Atley Jacille Jones, and she's the sweetest thing ever! It's been fun to live so close to family and to get to know their girls. This summer was made up of nights at Ty and Megi's, mostly watching "So You Think You Can Dance". Those were some of the most memorable nights this summer.
When Megi's mom and sister came to visit, Mom and I decided to serve lunch to the little girls to give thier mothers a chance to sit down and chat without their cute little faces interrupting. I painted their nails after lunch and this is a picture of them screaming while showing off their nails (sorry you can't actually see the work done...)
I've worked at the pool for the past 6 summer's now. I don't know what my summer would be like without it. Last year the dressing rooms and front area were remodeled and the walls were all white. Trish, my boss, wanted pictures to be painted on the walls of the characters from the books for swimming lessons. The top picture are two of the characters, and the bottom two monkies are my own creation. I don't know why, but as I painted the bottom one I thought of Cade and myself and all the fun summer's we had taking swimming lessons and playing around at the pool. It's secretly me and him when we were little :).

Front

Back
What would my summer be without an end-of-the-season quilt? Last summer I hand quilted one and I really wanted to do another. I really wanted to try and make a rag quilt and this is how it turned out!
Again, I'm sad to see the summer end, but I have it to look forward to again for next year! The plans so far for the upcoming summer season are Disneyland and Nauvoo!!! I'm really excited and am looking forward to those experiences.
There was so much of this summer I was unable to capture on film, including the train bridge, Shoshone Falls, Cauldrin Lynn, the Jones Family Outing, fiddling, and much much more. I'm excited to welcome in a new season, I love to see the world around me change. I'll sure miss the summer though! And here's to one more day!
















4 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog! Love your quilt, it turned out SO cute! Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world. I loved your pictures of China. We loved the Great Wall of China also. Your quilt is adorable! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. diiiiisneylaaaaaaaaand! I am already getting excited! I ordered a free vacation planning dvd. Biff just shook his head and tried to hide his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TESHA! I just found your blog. Love your pics. Sounds like everything is going good. Miss you!
    P.S. check out my new blog: jillybug22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete